21.3.10

Student Ambassadors

During my casual browsing of b-school admission related blogs today, I stumbled upon mbamission's exclusive interview with Soojin Kwon Kon ( Director of admissions, Ross ) and it was interesting in a way. For sometime now, I've been hearing about student ambassadors and have spoken to a few of them during my last few info. session visits to Chicago Booth ( Incidentally, Booth happens to be the only school yours-truly managed to visit until now ) but I never really knew that these people volunteer to answer questions and can be really good at providing a student's perspective. I guess one of the big TODOs on my plate right now is to get in touch with some of these students at my prospective schools. 
Moving on, one other interesting thing that caught my attention in Soojin's interview is that Ross will be increasing its class size from 440 to 500 ( yaay! ) starting from academic year 2010-11, owing to the new-building/additional space created. And considering Ross typically fills 30% of its class with international students, this means close to 20 more international admits...!! Should I feel elated..? :)

1 comment:

  1. The interview is nice and thanks for sharing and educating us.

    ReplyDelete