27.3.10

Time to Introspect

For the past 2-3 weeks, I've been surfing through the blogosphere of prospective MBA students and current MBA students and its has been a huge learning curve so far as I'm trying to explore interesting blogs ( getting fascinated sometimes at some of the things these guys have to say and at the experiences they had through their application process) and understand the application process simultaneously. As I am already done with GMAT, I think I have a little more time ( starting from now ) than a typical 1st time b-school applicant at my disposal to work on things that I might want to improve in my resume. As the plan as of now is to get all my applications submitted in Round1, I figured I needed to stick to a time intensive schedule for the next few months. This is partly due to the face that during my GMAT preparation, I read somewhere that its good to look at time in chunk of days at a time so that we feel the sense of urgency and end up getting things done more efficiently. Henceforth, here's a quick peek at my schedule that I developed (working backwords) from the R1 admission timeframe for the set of schools I intend to apply to:

October 2nd week+
Submit applications ( 4 schools as of now and counting ( I let the counter loose as I still need to get in grips with the part of my which keeps saying 4 is too small a number :) ))
July1st-Aug-Sep 30th ( 90 days )
July, Notify all my recommenders ( previous workplace, grad school ) that the applications are due    in a few months and start working with them.
August, September Start working on the blueprint for essays and focus on setting up a date for final draft ( I know this effort would be on-going until the day I submit my applications..but this is just for planning sake! :D )
Apr1st-May-June 30th ( 90 days )
Get used to reading through the blogosphere and be able to sift all the important stuff ( man, there are a gazillion mba applicant/student blogs out there ( no offense! ) and I understand most of them are filled with good stuff ( no offense for the rest either :) ) but do I really have the time/perseverence to go through so much content !?

Okay. so much for planning. Now lets see how badly I stay away from this schedule ( just kidding! I wish I could get this devil (called procrastination) off my shoulders and adhere to the above plan! )

No comments:

Post a Comment