5.6.10

Bloomington - Indiana , Kelley school of business

For a shortwhile last month, it felt like I was on a travelling spree. For the weekend after my North Carolina trip, I visited Bloomington, IN and my brother another time for a weekend getaway. This time it was for his convocation. I took the friday off and started off from home early in the morning so that I could reach in time for his convocation ceremony. After going through a few usual chores ( like taking snaps, greeting all the graduates, heading out for lunch ... lunch reminds me of the local pita ( middle-eastern ) place which kind of turned out to be my favourite after my past few visits ), I and a few of the newly minted IUB graduates drove to the nearby monroe lake, had a few beers and chatted about all the good time those people had during their masters and how fast the entire MS ( US ) experience went past them. Having personally gone through similar experiences myself in not soo distant past, I guess it was kind of natural for me to get reminded of all the good time I had during my school days in the US.  Well..well..am I going to go through this experience ( as a full-time masters student ) again in the US...I mean in near future and maybe from a top business school..??.. only time should tell!!


I figured I could touch base with a few of the Kelley students since I was in town anyway. My bro somehow managed to pull-up a few Kelly contacts who I ended up talking to. Some of the questions I asked were regarding my profile evaluation w.r.t Kelley and about the course / placement structure of International students at Kelley.  Regarding the job scene, I have a say I was a bit disappointed with the kind of response I got from the couple of people I spoke with. Given the fact that Kelley consistently shows up as a Top 20-25 school on businessweek/USnews rankings, the fact that it was having trouble placing all of its graduating class kind of intrigued me. Well,  I reasoned later that most of the top schools in the US faced a similar problem ( after looking at the placement reports of a few top schools ) during 2009-10 given the macro-economic conditions around.
Though I personally never had the intention of applying to Kelley, after looking through the Kelley placement report and having realized that none of the big consulting firms ( the BCGs, McKinseys etc.,. ) nor the big tech firms ( MS, Amazon etc)  have actually visited their campus, I figured that Kelley might be a great school but I need to focus more seriously at other options...

2 comments:

  1. Highly energetic blog, I liked that a lot. Will there be a part 2?
    display letters new orleans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly eager of watching comic recordings at youtube, and this recordings is truly so amusing, hehehhe.
    Administratie amsterdam

    ReplyDelete